- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Leonard N. Carroll, 84, of Chaffee died Friday, Oct. 3, 2003, at his home.
He was born June 14, 1919, at Vanduser, Mo., son of William and Loretta Miller Carroll. He and Ruth B. Nations were married Oct. 12, 1946, in Mayfield, Ky.
Carroll was a retired farmer, and retired from Carpenters Local 1770 in Cape Girar-deau. He was a member of St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, Mo., and its St. Joseph Sodality, DAV Chapter 16 in Cape Girardeau, and Morley VFW Post 5368.
He retired as a first lieutenant in the U.S. Army. He served with the 1874th Engineers in World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Bill Carroll of Chaffee; a daughter, Judi Coleman of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Edward Carroll of Eureka, Mo.; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 6:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Lawrence Church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.