- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Bess Kohrumel, a devoted wife, mother and grandmother, departed this life Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2003, at the age of 96.
She was born Nov. 5, 1906, in St. Louis, daughter of Fred and Blanche Elworthy. She and Eugene Kohrumel were married Aug. 20, 1924, in St. Louis.
Bess had been a tea room model for the John Wanamaker Company in the 1950s. She was a homemaker who excelled in entertaining family and friends. Always elegant and caring, Bess graced us with her love and generosity.
She is survived by seven grandchildren, Becki Manley of Cape Girardeau, Steve Kohrumel of San Diego, Calif., Judy Martin of Newark, Del., Kathy Eicholz of Wilmington, Del., Linda Williams of Hobbs, N.M., Richard Kohrumel of Lawrenceville, Ga., David Kohrumel of Melville, N.Y.; and a nephew, Fred Elworthy of Delray Beach, Fla. She is also survived by 19 great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 58 years, Eugene; a grandson, Robbie Kohrumel; and all three of her children, Jack Kohrumel of Cape Girardeau, Richard Kohrumel of Delaware, and Bob Kohrumel of South Carolina.
The funeral will be held today at St. Alban's Episcopal Church in Wilmington. Burial will be in Lower Brandywine Cemetery in Delaware.
The family requests that in lieu of flowers donations be made to Delaware Hospice, 3515 Silverside Road, Wilmington, Del., 19810.