- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Homecoming time for fun and reunions
The painted windows along Broadway. The quiet rustle of crepe paper. A morning chill in the air.
All can mean only one thing: It's Homecoming for Southeast Missouri State University.
It's an annual event that is exciting for everyone in Cape Girardeau, Southeast alumni and non-alumni alike. Themed floats glide down Broadway, thousands crowd the sidewalks to look and children scamper around, hoping for candy treats to be tossed.
Then there's the football tailgating, the football game and reconnecting with classmates.
The schedule for today is this: An alumni breakfast in the Student Recreation Center South Campus will be held at 7:30 a.m., followed by a 9 a.m. Homecoming Parade beginning at the corner of Broadway and West End Boulevard.
Events continue from 10 to 11:15 a.m. at Houck Stadium Tailgate Area followed by the kickoff at 11:30 a.m. in Houck Stadium, when Southeast takes on Eastern Illinois University.
There's no better time to get out and support the home team while enjoying Cape Girardeau life at its finest.