- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Homecoming time for fun and reunions
The painted windows along Broadway. The quiet rustle of crepe paper. A morning chill in the air.
All can mean only one thing: It's Homecoming for Southeast Missouri State University.
It's an annual event that is exciting for everyone in Cape Girardeau, Southeast alumni and non-alumni alike. Themed floats glide down Broadway, thousands crowd the sidewalks to look and children scamper around, hoping for candy treats to be tossed.
Then there's the football tailgating, the football game and reconnecting with classmates.
The schedule for today is this: An alumni breakfast in the Student Recreation Center South Campus will be held at 7:30 a.m., followed by a 9 a.m. Homecoming Parade beginning at the corner of Broadway and West End Boulevard.
Events continue from 10 to 11:15 a.m. at Houck Stadium Tailgate Area followed by the kickoff at 11:30 a.m. in Houck Stadium, when Southeast takes on Eastern Illinois University.
There's no better time to get out and support the home team while enjoying Cape Girardeau life at its finest.