- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
Homecoming time for fun and reunions
The painted windows along Broadway. The quiet rustle of crepe paper. A morning chill in the air.
All can mean only one thing: It's Homecoming for Southeast Missouri State University.
It's an annual event that is exciting for everyone in Cape Girardeau, Southeast alumni and non-alumni alike. Themed floats glide down Broadway, thousands crowd the sidewalks to look and children scamper around, hoping for candy treats to be tossed.
Then there's the football tailgating, the football game and reconnecting with classmates.
The schedule for today is this: An alumni breakfast in the Student Recreation Center South Campus will be held at 7:30 a.m., followed by a 9 a.m. Homecoming Parade beginning at the corner of Broadway and West End Boulevard.
Events continue from 10 to 11:15 a.m. at Houck Stadium Tailgate Area followed by the kickoff at 11:30 a.m. in Houck Stadium, when Southeast takes on Eastern Illinois University.
There's no better time to get out and support the home team while enjoying Cape Girardeau life at its finest.