- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Homecoming time for fun and reunions
The painted windows along Broadway. The quiet rustle of crepe paper. A morning chill in the air.
All can mean only one thing: It's Homecoming for Southeast Missouri State University.
It's an annual event that is exciting for everyone in Cape Girardeau, Southeast alumni and non-alumni alike. Themed floats glide down Broadway, thousands crowd the sidewalks to look and children scamper around, hoping for candy treats to be tossed.
Then there's the football tailgating, the football game and reconnecting with classmates.
The schedule for today is this: An alumni breakfast in the Student Recreation Center South Campus will be held at 7:30 a.m., followed by a 9 a.m. Homecoming Parade beginning at the corner of Broadway and West End Boulevard.
Events continue from 10 to 11:15 a.m. at Houck Stadium Tailgate Area followed by the kickoff at 11:30 a.m. in Houck Stadium, when Southeast takes on Eastern Illinois University.
There's no better time to get out and support the home team while enjoying Cape Girardeau life at its finest.