- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Homecoming time for fun and reunions
The painted windows along Broadway. The quiet rustle of crepe paper. A morning chill in the air.
All can mean only one thing: It's Homecoming for Southeast Missouri State University.
It's an annual event that is exciting for everyone in Cape Girardeau, Southeast alumni and non-alumni alike. Themed floats glide down Broadway, thousands crowd the sidewalks to look and children scamper around, hoping for candy treats to be tossed.
Then there's the football tailgating, the football game and reconnecting with classmates.
The schedule for today is this: An alumni breakfast in the Student Recreation Center South Campus will be held at 7:30 a.m., followed by a 9 a.m. Homecoming Parade beginning at the corner of Broadway and West End Boulevard.
Events continue from 10 to 11:15 a.m. at Houck Stadium Tailgate Area followed by the kickoff at 11:30 a.m. in Houck Stadium, when Southeast takes on Eastern Illinois University.
There's no better time to get out and support the home team while enjoying Cape Girardeau life at its finest.