- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Passenger hurt when vehicle overturns
A 17-year-old Chaffee, Mo., youth sustained moderate injuries Thursday night when the vehicle he was a passenger in ran off the road and overturned three times near Scott City.
Michael Bayer was taken to Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau after the 8 p.m. accident. It occurred on County Road 323, three miles south of Scott City.
The driver, Daniel Lindy, 17, of Chaffee sustained minor injuries. He refused medical treatment at the scene and was released to his parents.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Lindy was driving southbound at a speed too fast for the conditions when he lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and overcorrected. Bayer was ejected when the vehicle overturned, the patrol said.
Lindy was cited for not wearing a seat belt and driving with no valid operator's license.
Bayer was cited for knowingly allowing an unlicensed person to operate a motor vehicle and not wearing a seat belt.