- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Semoball.com wins SNA top honor
Semoball.com, the Web site for local sports from the Southeast Missourian and its media partners in the region, won top honors for best local community initiative in the Suburban Newspapers of America Local Community Web site contest.
The contest drew nearly twice as many entries as last year.
According to judges' comments, they were impressed with the site's options, photo galleries, the Athlete of the Day and Game of the Week features, and the many blogs.
"It's clear that this site is responding successfully to a real demand in the community," the judges wrote.
Semoball last week had its highest page view total of 2007 with updated scores and brackets from district baseball and girls soccer tournaments.
SNA last year named the Southeast Missourian as Newspaper of the Year.