- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Charles Spradlin Sr.
Charles Harrison Spradlin Sr., 86, of Scott City died Monday, May 21, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 24, 1920, at Fornfelt, son of Harrison Kue and Allie Taylor Spradlin. He and Annie Pearl Ratcliff were married March 9, 1945, in St. Louis. She died March 20, 2006.
Spradlin was a clerk and agent with Cotton Belt Railroad. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Scott City, and H.O. Grauel Masonic Lodge 672 AF&AM in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Charles "Chuck" Spradlin Jr. of Bridgeton, Mo.; two daughters, Linda Liebman and Judith Schmidtknecht of St. Louis; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 12:30 p.m. to service time Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Gregg Fina officiating. Burial will be in Spradlin Cemetery at Scott City.