- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Edward Shumaker Sr.
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Edward Earl Shumaker Sr., 80, of Villa Ridge died Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2003, at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
He was born May 14, 1923, in Villa Ridge, son of Dr. W.E. and Floy Bour Shumaker. He and Emma Francine East were married June 6, 1944, in Osceola, Ark. She died May 22, 2003.
Shumaker was a farmer and also worked 35 years as sales manager at Moorman Feed Co. He was a member, deacon, and former Sunday School superintendent at Villa Ridge Union Church. He was a board member and past chairman of the former Rife Memorial School, and was a former coach of Mounds Summer Baseball League.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include three daughters, Trudy Peeler of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Julie Fleming of Barlow, Ky., Susan Ramage of Metropolis, Ill.; a son, Jeff Shumaker of Kennesaw, Ga.; a brother, William Shumaker of Villa Ridge; 12 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and after 11 a.m. Friday at Villa Ridge Union Church.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Larry Buckles and Dr. Derek Staples officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens, with full military honors by Pulaski County Memorial VFW Post 8891 of Mounds.