- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Glenda J. Speer, 92, of Advance died Monday, May 14, 2007, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born June 18, 1914, in St. Louis, daughter of Luther Odell and Lottie Ellen Gaines Moore. She and Chester Speer were married Nov. 16, 1932, in Belleville, Ill. He died March 23, 1984.
Speer retired from Inland Shoe Co., where she was a sewing machine operator for 25 years. She was a longtime member of Union Hill Baptist Church and later became a member of Bethel General Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, William "Joe" Speer of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Sharon McRoy of Alton, Ill., Kathy Payne of Advance; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Ray Placher and Kyle Sessions officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery.