- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Carl Ray Barr, 80, of Advance died Monday, May 14, 2007, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter, Mo.
He was born March 13, 1927, at Viburnum, Mo., son of Oscar and Hattie Brakefield Barr. He and Alice Marie Johnson were married March 13, 1954, in Madison, Ill.
Barr had been a plasterer, retiring from Local 8260 in St. Louis. He was a member of Christ Gospel Church in Puxico.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Richard Barr of Cape Girardeau, Mark Barr of Jackson, Paul Barr of Advance; three daughters, Carla Robinson of Advance, Patricia Baker of Oran, Mo., Kimberly Fowler of Cameron, Mo.; 16 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Sam Rodgers and Charlie Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park with full military rites.