- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
St. Vincent soccer edges De Soto in conference play
St. Vincent moved to 5-1 in Jefferson County Conference play on Friday with a 3-2 soccer victory over De Soto.
The Indians improved to 17-6 overall. The win will force Perryville to make up a conference game with St. Pius, as Perryville is currently undefeated in conference play.
Brooke Brown scored first for St. Vincent three minutes in off a corner kick, and Jessica Welker added a goal two minutes later on an assist from Megan Sutterer.
Sarah Moll scored the game-winner early in the second half on a penalty kick. Megan Wengert made 13 saves in goal.
BASEBALLOran 12, North Pemiscot 4
Oran closed its season with a nine-game winning streak.
Tyler Beardslee had four hits, including a home run, and four RBIs for the Eagles. Oran finished 20-4.
WP - Chase Seyer. LP - Tomlin. HR - Watkins (N), Tyler Beardslee (O), Chase Seyer (O). 2B - Caleb Seyer (O), Jake Carter (O), Beardslee (O), Alex Chasteen (O). Multiple hits - Oran, Beardslee 4-5; Ch. Seyer 3-4; Steven Dooley 2-3; Ca. Seyer 2-4; North Pemiscot, Jackson 2-4. Records - Oran 20-4.
-- From staff reports