- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Geneva Estelle Lambert, 74, of Springdale, Ark., died Friday, Sept. 26, 2003, at Springdale Northwest Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 1, 1929, in Crystal Springs, Ark., daughter of Charles Bearden and Sarah Lucinda Moon Murphy. She and Robert Joseph Lambert Sr. were married May 16, 1949.
Lambert was a graduate of Sikeston High School, and later received a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University. After high school she taught in a one-room school at Root Wad, Mo. She later taught fourth grade 25 years at Matthews Elementary School.
She was a member of First United Methodist Church and its United Methodist Women, served on the administrative board, taught Sunday School, and was a delegate to the annual conference. She was a graduate of the Disciple Bible Study series.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Michael Lambert of Nashville, Tenn., Robert Lambert Jr. of Springdale; two sisters, Irene Fulbright and Viva Amyx of Jena, La.; a brother, Charles Murphy of Shreveport, La.; and two grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at First United Methodist Church. The Rev. William Koch will officiate. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Ponder Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.