- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
James Calvin Sr.
MOUNDS, Ill. -- James L. Calvin Sr., 70, of Mounds died Saturday, Sept. 27, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 6, 1932, in Pulaski, Ill., son of Charles and Stella Egner Calvin.
Calvin was co-owner of Calvin Siding and Windows. He was a member of the American Legion.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife, Patricia; a daughter, Tracey Johnson of East Cape Girar-deau, Ill.; two sons, the Rev. James Calvin Jr. of Sikeston, Mo., Kevin Calvin of Mounds; a sister, Betty Stout of Mounds; a brother, Bill Calvin of Mound City, Ill.; six grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
A memorial graveside service will be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill. The Rev. James Calvin Jr. will officiate.
Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds is in charge of arrangements.