- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OLMSTED, Ill. -- Gene Robert Walker, 77, of Olmsted died Sunday, Sept. 28, 2003, at Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born Sept. 28, 1926, in Granger, Ind., son of George and Bernice Cripe Walker. He and Mary Hancock were married July 10, 1950.
Walker was a retired carpenter. He was a member of Christian Community Ministries in Villa Ridge, Ill.
He served with the Seabees in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a sister, Norma Dowell of Berrian Springs, Mich.; and a niece raised in the home, Mary Little of Olmsted.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Ullin, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ralph Kaufman officiating. Burial will be in Liberty Cemetery.