- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)2
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Yemen issues terror warning
SAN'A, Yemen -- Yemen has warned Western ambassadors of new information indicating potential terror attacks targeting foreign interests in the country, a security official said Monday.
Interior Minister Rashad al-Eleimi met late Sunday with ambassadors of the United States, Britain, Germany, France and Italy to share the information and ask them to warn their citizens to be vigilant, the official said on condition of anonymity.
He did not comment on the nature of the threat.
In the capital, security was beefed up around embassies and foreign businesses, with extra armored cars patrolling the streets.