- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape man charged with Wal-Mart liquor robbery
A Cape Girardeau man stole two bottles of liquor from Wal-Mart Thursday and, when confronted outside the store, pushed a store employee as he tried to escape, police said.
Edwin W. Minner, 36, began to run but was caught when the employee grabbed his shirt. Minner turned to swing his right fist at the employee, Wayne Cargill, police said.
Minner was arrested and charged with second-degree robbery. He remains in custody in lieu of $50,000 bail.