- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the move 09/29/03
New general manager named at Westfield
Brandon Ivey has been named to the post of general manager at Westfield Shoppingtown West Park. Ivey joins the mall in Cape Girardeau from his most recent position of assistant general manager of Westfield Shoppingtown Crestwood in the St. Louis area.
In his new position, Ivey is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the center and maintaining brand integrity.
Ivey has a substantial background in the shopping center industry. He began his career with Westfield in the company's U.S. headquarters in Los Angeles, where he held positions of management and accounting. He is an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Ivey holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln and now lives in Jackson.
Fuge named advocate of the year at conference
Jeff Fuge, senior sales representative with Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical Co., was chosen as the Advocate of the Year. The award was presented at the fifth annual Heartland Advanced Practice Nursing Network Primary Care Conference.
The conference was held at Southeast Missouri State University and was attended by over 100 advance practice nurses from Southeast Missouri.
Johns attends continuing education course
Debra K. Johns, staff accountant with Schott & Van de Ven, Certified Public Accountants recently attended an Advanced Update for Compilation and Review Engagements course. The continuing education course covered working with small business clients' financial statements and recognizing common reporting deficiencies.
Schott & Van de Ven is a full-service public accounting firm at 1020 N. Kingshighway, Suite D, in Cape Girardeau.
Cosmetology school announces graduates
Trend Setters School of Cosmetology in Cape Girardeau recently announced its newest graduates: Alana Hobeck, Heather Mize and Shayne Pickard.
Hobeck is employed at the Cutting Edge in Jackson. Mize has returned to Trend Setters for additional training as an instructor. Pickard has relocated to Texas.
New members of angus association announced
Adam and Brandon Pleimann, both of Jackson, have both recently become junior members of the American Angus Association, which is headquartered in St. Joseph, Mo.
Junior members of the association are eligible to register cattle in the association, participate in programs conducted by the National Junior Angus Association and take part in association sponsored shows and other national and regional events.
-- From staff reports