- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Business memo 09/29/03
Training program coming to Cape Girardeau
The First Step FastTrac microenterprise entrepreneurial training program is coming to Southeast Missouri this fall to help people determine whether their business idea has merit.
The 12-session program will be offered on the campus of Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau and by interactive television courses at the Kennett Area Higher Education Center and the Telecommunications Community Resource Center at Three Rivers Community College in Poplar Bluff beginning Oct. 15. The courses will be delivered from 9 a.m. to noon on Mondays and Wednesdays through Nov. 24.
Seating in the course is limited. To register, call (573) 986-6084.
Business Showcase in Jackson set for Saturday
The Business Showcase is scheduled for Saturday at the Jackson High School gymnasium. There is no charge to showcase a business, but this year's event will be one-day event.
Those interested in participating in the showcase should notify the Jackson Chamber of Commerce no later than Thursday to get a 10-by-10-foot space. The doors will open at 7 a.m. For more information, call 243-8131.
-- From staff, wire reports