- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community cuisine 09/29/03
Immaculate Conception holding chili supper
A chili supper will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 17 at Immaculate Conception School in Jackson.
Pork sausage supper to be served in Uniontown
A whole-hog pork sausage supper will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at Grace Lutheran Fellowship Hall in Uniontown, Mo.
Dinner to benefit Scott City arts center
A meal accompanied by musical entertainment by Dale Haskel will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday at 116 E. Hickory in Scott City. The menu includes fried chicken, hamburgers, buttered potatoes, green beans and coleslaw. Tickets can be bought at the door or call (573) 587-0215. Proceeds help support the Schock Community Arts Center.
St. Denis Parish serving chicken and dumplings
From 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 12 the St. Denis Parish of Benton, Mo., will serve chicken and dumplings, kettle beef, chicken and dressing, sweet potatoes, buttered potatoes, green beans, corn, slaw and homemade desserts. Carry-outs will be available.
Raffles will be held for a queen-size quilt, afghan, cordless drill, St. Denis family cookbook and a Lego Creator board game.
Contact any St. Denis Parish member or call the school at (573) 545-3017.
St. Paul Parish holding all-you-can-eat dinner
St. Paul Lutheran School PTL will hold a spaghetti supper from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at St. Paul Lutheran Church's Fellowship Hall, 230 W. Adams St., Jackson. The menu includes all-you-can-eat spaghetti, salad, bread, drink and dessert.
Tickets can be purchased at the door, from students or by calling the office at 243-5360.
Leopold Knights holding chicken and fish dinner
A chicken and fish dinner will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at Leopold Knights of Columbus Hall. Bingo will be at 7:15 p.m., and a shooting match will be at 7:30 p.m.
Barbecue dinner to help purchase of bleachers
A barbecue dinner will be served at 5 p.m. Saturday at Oak Ridge School. A silent auction will also be held. For information or tickets, call (573) 266-3232 or contact any student in the district. Proceeds will be used to purchase bleachers for the multipurpose building.
Perryville Oktoberfest set for Saturday
St. Vincent de Paul's Oktoberfest will be held from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Seminary Picnic Grove in Perryville, Mo.
-- From staff reports