- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Laci Peterson's mother files suit to bar profits from daughter
MODESTO, Calif. -- The mother of Laci Peterson has filed a lawsuit seeking to bar Scott Peterson from making a profit in the death of his wife and unborn child.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in Stanislaus County Superior Court, asks a judge to transfer any income stemming from the high-profile murder case or from the sale of publishing rights -- such as a book or movie deal -- to a trust account held for the "victims beneficiaries."
Scott Peterson is charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Laci Peterson and their son, Conner.
He could face the death penalty if convicted.