- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
Laci Peterson's mother files suit to bar profits from daughter
MODESTO, Calif. -- The mother of Laci Peterson has filed a lawsuit seeking to bar Scott Peterson from making a profit in the death of his wife and unborn child.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in Stanislaus County Superior Court, asks a judge to transfer any income stemming from the high-profile murder case or from the sale of publishing rights -- such as a book or movie deal -- to a trust account held for the "victims beneficiaries."
Scott Peterson is charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Laci Peterson and their son, Conner.
He could face the death penalty if convicted.