- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Laci Peterson's mother files suit to bar profits from daughter
MODESTO, Calif. -- The mother of Laci Peterson has filed a lawsuit seeking to bar Scott Peterson from making a profit in the death of his wife and unborn child.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in Stanislaus County Superior Court, asks a judge to transfer any income stemming from the high-profile murder case or from the sale of publishing rights -- such as a book or movie deal -- to a trust account held for the "victims beneficiaries."
Scott Peterson is charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Laci Peterson and their son, Conner.
He could face the death penalty if convicted.