- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Laci Peterson's mother files suit to bar profits from daughter
MODESTO, Calif. -- The mother of Laci Peterson has filed a lawsuit seeking to bar Scott Peterson from making a profit in the death of his wife and unborn child.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in Stanislaus County Superior Court, asks a judge to transfer any income stemming from the high-profile murder case or from the sale of publishing rights -- such as a book or movie deal -- to a trust account held for the "victims beneficiaries."
Scott Peterson is charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Laci Peterson and their son, Conner.
He could face the death penalty if convicted.