- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Business Notebook: New rooftop restaurant to be atop Marquette Tower (1/8/18)2
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)2
- Cape's new 'cold case': Whose frozen SUV is that in the Mississippi River? (1/6/18)5
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
Laci Peterson's mother files suit to bar profits from daughter
MODESTO, Calif. -- The mother of Laci Peterson has filed a lawsuit seeking to bar Scott Peterson from making a profit in the death of his wife and unborn child.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in Stanislaus County Superior Court, asks a judge to transfer any income stemming from the high-profile murder case or from the sale of publishing rights -- such as a book or movie deal -- to a trust account held for the "victims beneficiaries."
Scott Peterson is charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Laci Peterson and their son, Conner.
He could face the death penalty if convicted.