- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jean Rogers Williams Martin, 53, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Sept. 26, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 26, 1950, at Poplar Bluff, Mo., daughter of Lewis and Ellare Hollingsworth Rogers.
She was a member of the Community Church of Christ at Lowndes, Mo., and was a beautician and stylist at the J.C. Penney Styling Salon at Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her mother, of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Dawn Dee Simpson of Wappapello, Mo., and Shawna Jackson of Bloomfield, Mo.; one stepdaughter, Brandy Martin of Sherman, Texas; three brothers, James Rogers of Lowndes, Robert Rogers of Wappapello and Jonah Rogers of Dexter, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Dale Rogers and Jack Rogers officiating. Internment will be in the Community Church of Christ Cemetery in Lowndes.