- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- James R. Goyins, 68, of Sikeston died Thursday, Sept. 25, 2003, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, Ill.
He was born March 9, 1935, in Lilbourn, Mo., son of Myrkle and Lucy Jane Shaver Goyins. He and Emma K. Klauer were married March 23, 1955.
Goyins served 20 years in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include four sisters, Helen Keen of Florida, Georgia Collins of Oregon, Ruth Esko of Maryland Heights, Mo., and Geneva French of Fargo, N.D.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and five sisters.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Ponder Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.