- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Roslyn Janet Vavak, 65, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Sept. 25, 2003, at her home.
She was born July 19, 1938, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Louis Christian and Elda Marie Lampe Kaufman. She and Johnny W. Vavak were married Aug. 15, 1956, in Hernando, Miss.
Mrs. Vavak was a member of Grace United Methodist Church. She loved to play bridge and to bowl.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Johnny J. Vavak and Lori of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Sheree L. Volkerding and Steve of Cape Girardeau, Tonya G. Penfield and Jeff of San Antonio, Texas; four sisters, Marie Hinkle of Cape Girardeau, Lois Hahs of Kansas City, Mo., Buckie Ervin and Bobbie Pierce of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren, Jake and Jessie Vavak of Cape Girardeau, Tara Volkerding of Cape Girardeau, Blake, Travis and Chelsea Penfield of San Antonio.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating.