- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Parolee escapes after violation hearing
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- A man escaped Friday from a southwest Missouri courthouse after his parole violation hearing.
Michael D. Humphrey, 39, walked out of a Greene County courthouse before he could be booked for the felony violation, when "he would have been taken to the jail to be locked up," said Tom Martin, chief deputy of the Greene County Sheriff's Department.
The violation stems from a guilty plea to an assault charge in January 2002.