- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Emma F. Cade, 87, of East Prairie died Thursday, Sept. 25, 2003, at East Prairie Nursing Center.
She was born March 13, 1916, in New Madrid County, Mo., daughter of John and Ethel Woods Buttry. She and Bennie Franklin Cade were married in 1931. He died Dec. 19, 1986.
Cade worked several years at Sells Rest Home in Matthews, Mo., and was a member of Gospel Assembly Church in East Prairie.
Survivors include two sons, Bill Cade of Aurora, Ind., Gene Cade of East Prairie; a sister, Marie Ray of Benton, Mo.; five grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 7 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with James Bolden and Burl Britt officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.