- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Maudie I. Denton, 80, of Sikeston died Thursday, Sept. 25, 2003, at her home.
She was born Jan. 1, 1923, at Kennett, Mo., daughter of Henry William and Levadie Mae Hoxworth Abernathy. She and Herbert Guy Denton were married Jan. 8, 1969, in Kansas City, Mo. He died Aug. 6, 1991.
Denton had worked at Wilcox Electric Manufacturing Co. in Kansas City. She moved to Sikeston in 1972, and was a member of First United Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include two sons, Bobby Joe Montgomery of Oran, Mo., Danny Denton of Sikeston; five daughters, Peggy Chapman of Morley, Mo., Diana Johnson of Vanduser, Mo., Linda Meals, Gail Butrum and Carolyn Hardin, all of Sikeston; two stepsons, Bob Denton of Barlow, Ky., and Allen Denton of Beaversville, Ill.
Also surviving are two brothers, Leroy and Bob Abernathy of Morley; four sisters, Fern Thomas of Oran, Mo., Tinia Clark of Dexter, Mo., Violet Farmer of Sikeston, Pretshie Ellsworth of Pensacola, Fla.; 22 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Richard Whitman officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery.