- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Special quail hunts set for area conservation sites
Applications are being accepted through Sept. 30 for special quail hunts on the Dan and Maureen Cover Prairie Conservation Area (C.A.) and the Carrick W. Davidson-Robert G. Paris Wildlife Area (W.A.). Both areas are close to West Plains.
Permits for the hunts will be issued by a Missouri Department of Conservation lottery. Applicants may apply for only one of the areas. Successful applicants will be given a one-day permit to hunt on the area selected during an assigned time period. There will be 18 hunts on Cover Prairie C.A. and eight hunts on Davidson-Paris W.A. Hunting periods run from Nov. 1 through Jan. 15, 2004. Each successful applicant will be allowed to take three other hunters. Each hunting party will be allowed to take four quail.
To apply, contact the Missouri Department of Conservation, Special Quail Hunts, 551 Joe Jones Blvd., West Plains, Mo., 65775, or call (417) 256-7161. Applicants should include their name, address, phone number and name of the area they wish to hunt. Applicants can also include the names of up to three additional people who will be in their hunting party.
Successful applicants will be notified by mail by Oct. 15.