- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Musical festival brings many acts to downtown
As the sun sets tonight, downtown Cape Girardeau will come alive with the sound of music.
Thanks to the annual City of Roses Music Festival, we're talking lots of different kinds of music literally everywhere visitors turn tonight and Saturday.
The festival will open at 8 tonight with music by the Southeast Missouri State University Jazz Band on the Main Stage, followed by the Acme Blues Band and Mid-life Crisis, all popular, local groups.
The festival's first-ever Metalfest also will begin at 8 tonight at the Wall of Fame stage in the parking lot at the south end of downtown. And for the quieter bunch, there are acoustic musicians at the Courthouse Park gazebo beginning at 7 tonight and 2 p.m. Saturday. At $12 for all of this plus bands in downtown nightclubs, it's a musical bargain.