- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jury returns guilty verdict in 2002 stabbing death
BOLIVAR, Mo. -- A Windsor man was found guilty Wednesday of second-degree murder and armed criminal action in a stabbing death after a homecoming party last year.
Robert Beal, 26, of Windsor, faces life in prison for stabbing Zandon Maddix, 22, last Oct. 5.
Attorney Dewayne Perry argued that Beal was defending himself when he stabbed Maddix following a homecoming party.
But Benton County Prosecutor Karen Woodley said Beal attacked and stabbed Maddix several times in the leg in the back seat of a car after making derogatory remarks to Maddix.
Maddix, 22, later bled to death in the car when his friends had to stop on the way to help to repair a tire that Beal allegedly slashed.
Sentencing is set for Nov. 26.