- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
The Eric McFadden Trio burns up live shows when they come to Cape, fronted by Eric McFadden, a guy who's worked with the likes of Bo Diddley, Joe Strummer and Widespread Panic.
* When: 9 p.m.
* Where: River Nick's
* Info: 332-8700
Sounds of the past
Saturday is music day at the Red House Interpretive Center, with the bluegrass of Hand Picked followed by a fife and drum group. Traditional sounds, outside venue.
* When: 11 a.m.
* Where: Red House Interpretive Center
* Info: 204-2331
Do something special for mom this Mother's Day by taking her to a matinee performance of the River City Players' "Driving Miss Daisy" -- dessert included.
* When: 3 p.m.
* Where: Port Cape Girardeau
* Info: 334-0954