- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
War funding bill full of pork
To the editor:Do you know the rest of the story about the war funding bill? Even though the politicians and news media have had many programs about the bill, only one has mentioned the following items: Congress added pork to the bill.
U.S. Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., said, "Spinach, shrimp, peanuts and shellfish? That's not a war funding bill. That's the salad bar at Denny's."
Now you know the part we haven't heard on the news.
MARILYN HARRISON, Cape Girardeau