- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
War funding bill full of pork
To the editor:Do you know the rest of the story about the war funding bill? Even though the politicians and news media have had many programs about the bill, only one has mentioned the following items: Congress added pork to the bill.
U.S. Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., said, "Spinach, shrimp, peanuts and shellfish? That's not a war funding bill. That's the salad bar at Denny's."
Now you know the part we haven't heard on the news.
MARILYN HARRISON, Cape Girardeau