- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
War funding bill full of pork
To the editor:Do you know the rest of the story about the war funding bill? Even though the politicians and news media have had many programs about the bill, only one has mentioned the following items: Congress added pork to the bill.
U.S. Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., said, "Spinach, shrimp, peanuts and shellfish? That's not a war funding bill. That's the salad bar at Denny's."
Now you know the part we haven't heard on the news.
MARILYN HARRISON, Cape Girardeau