- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
War funding bill full of pork
To the editor:Do you know the rest of the story about the war funding bill? Even though the politicians and news media have had many programs about the bill, only one has mentioned the following items: Congress added pork to the bill.
U.S. Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., said, "Spinach, shrimp, peanuts and shellfish? That's not a war funding bill. That's the salad bar at Denny's."
Now you know the part we haven't heard on the news.
MARILYN HARRISON, Cape Girardeau