- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BERNIE, Mo. -- J.C. Eaves, 75, of Bernie died Sunday, May 6, 2007, at Memphis Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born Dec. 30, 1931, at Grayridge, Mo., son of Dave and Hazel Eaves. He and Jacquline Hester were married Aug. 25, 1953, at Bloomfield, Mo.
Eaves had been a farmer.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Harold Eaves of Kennett, Mo., James Eaves of Jackson, Johnny Eaves of Bernie; a daughter, Barbara Kegley of Malden, Mo.; a brother, Ed Crockett of Michigan; a sister, Carol Hall of Brighton, Mich.; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Bernie.
Graveside service will be at 1 p.m. today at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, with Stan Dauck officiating.