- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
BERNIE, Mo. -- J.C. Eaves, 75, of Bernie died Sunday, May 6, 2007, at Memphis Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born Dec. 30, 1931, at Grayridge, Mo., son of Dave and Hazel Eaves. He and Jacquline Hester were married Aug. 25, 1953, at Bloomfield, Mo.
Eaves had been a farmer.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Harold Eaves of Kennett, Mo., James Eaves of Jackson, Johnny Eaves of Bernie; a daughter, Barbara Kegley of Malden, Mo.; a brother, Ed Crockett of Michigan; a sister, Carol Hall of Brighton, Mich.; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Bernie.
Graveside service will be at 1 p.m. today at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, with Stan Dauck officiating.