- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Thanks for the honor, tributes
To the editor:I would like to thank the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce for the wonderful evening recognizing the five educators of the year. I was fortunate to be one of the recipients of the award and felt so honored by the warm tributes, a wonderful video and the opportunity to share this time with family, friends and co-workers.
I would also like to thank First Missouri State Bank, the Alma Schrader Elementary School Adopt-A-School partner, for its recognition of my award in Friday's Missourian.
As a building principal, I would like to state that this award has to be shared with my wonderful Alma Schrader staff and parents who have provided me support and encouragement over the past five years. This award is reflection of the commitment to children I have the pleasure to enjoy each and every day of the school year. I truly do have the best job in Cape Girardeau.
RUTH ANN ORR, Principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau