- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)12
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Thanks for the honor, tributes
To the editor:I would like to thank the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce for the wonderful evening recognizing the five educators of the year. I was fortunate to be one of the recipients of the award and felt so honored by the warm tributes, a wonderful video and the opportunity to share this time with family, friends and co-workers.
I would also like to thank First Missouri State Bank, the Alma Schrader Elementary School Adopt-A-School partner, for its recognition of my award in Friday's Missourian.
As a building principal, I would like to state that this award has to be shared with my wonderful Alma Schrader staff and parents who have provided me support and encouragement over the past five years. This award is reflection of the commitment to children I have the pleasure to enjoy each and every day of the school year. I truly do have the best job in Cape Girardeau.
RUTH ANN ORR, Principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau