- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Thanks for the honor, tributes
To the editor:I would like to thank the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce for the wonderful evening recognizing the five educators of the year. I was fortunate to be one of the recipients of the award and felt so honored by the warm tributes, a wonderful video and the opportunity to share this time with family, friends and co-workers.
I would also like to thank First Missouri State Bank, the Alma Schrader Elementary School Adopt-A-School partner, for its recognition of my award in Friday's Missourian.
As a building principal, I would like to state that this award has to be shared with my wonderful Alma Schrader staff and parents who have provided me support and encouragement over the past five years. This award is reflection of the commitment to children I have the pleasure to enjoy each and every day of the school year. I truly do have the best job in Cape Girardeau.
RUTH ANN ORR, Principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau