- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Thanks for the honor, tributes
To the editor:I would like to thank the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce for the wonderful evening recognizing the five educators of the year. I was fortunate to be one of the recipients of the award and felt so honored by the warm tributes, a wonderful video and the opportunity to share this time with family, friends and co-workers.
I would also like to thank First Missouri State Bank, the Alma Schrader Elementary School Adopt-A-School partner, for its recognition of my award in Friday's Missourian.
As a building principal, I would like to state that this award has to be shared with my wonderful Alma Schrader staff and parents who have provided me support and encouragement over the past five years. This award is reflection of the commitment to children I have the pleasure to enjoy each and every day of the school year. I truly do have the best job in Cape Girardeau.
RUTH ANN ORR, Principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau