- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)5
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Thanks for the honor, tributes
To the editor:I would like to thank the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce for the wonderful evening recognizing the five educators of the year. I was fortunate to be one of the recipients of the award and felt so honored by the warm tributes, a wonderful video and the opportunity to share this time with family, friends and co-workers.
I would also like to thank First Missouri State Bank, the Alma Schrader Elementary School Adopt-A-School partner, for its recognition of my award in Friday's Missourian.
As a building principal, I would like to state that this award has to be shared with my wonderful Alma Schrader staff and parents who have provided me support and encouragement over the past five years. This award is reflection of the commitment to children I have the pleasure to enjoy each and every day of the school year. I truly do have the best job in Cape Girardeau.
RUTH ANN ORR, Principal, Alma Schrader Elementary School, Cape Girardeau