- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau City Council action 5/8/07
Invocation by the Rev. Barry Pfanstiel of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
* Heard presentation by Bill Burke of Arcturis regarding the city's comprehensive plan.
* Held a public hearing to discuss the past performance by the city in carrying out the Grow Missouri Loan Fund Program, a multijurisdictional program on behalf of the Delta Region to provide seed money to be used by small business operators to retain and create jobs and stimulate investment.
* Held a public hearing to consider the request of Jerry and Carol McGuire for a special-use permit to construct and operate a wedding chapel and banquet hall on an existing vacant lot in the 1900 block of North Sprigg Street within an R-2, single-family residential district.
* Held a public hearing to consider the request of Palmer & Palmer for a special-use permit to construct a 26-unit senior citizen housing project at 1400 W. Cape Rock Drive within an R-4, multi-family residential district.
* Granted a special-use permit to William W. Beggs and Diana R. Beggs for constructing and maintaining signs at Highway 74 and Silver Springs Road, and Mount Auburn and Silver Springs roads.
* Granted a special-use permit to Michael V. Sedlock for purposes of constructing and maintaining a building for operating a welding, repair, light structural fabrication and auto repair business at 604 S. Ellis St.
* Approved the record plat of Brookshire Estates Sixth Subdivision, revised.
* Approved the record plat of Kinder Place.
* Approved the record plat of Marie Howell Subdivision.
* Accepted fee simple interests, permanent easements and temporary construction easements from various property owners for the improvement of Independence Street between Pacific Street and Kingshighway.
* Denied a special-use permit to Jerry McGuire and Carol McGuire for constructing, maintaining and operating a wedding chapel and banquet hall in the 1900 block of North Sprigg Street.
* Granted a special-use permit to Palmer & Palmer for constructing, maintaining and operating a senior citizen housing project at 1400 W. Cape Rock Drive.
* Accepted permanent utility easements from North Point Center and Thompson and Wesbecher Inc. for improvements to North Point Center Second Addition Subdivision.
* Amended the city code to establish no parking zones on West End Boulevard at the intersection of Broadway.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement with Layne-Western for construction of water supply wells.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement with Lappe Cement Finishing for the 2007 Sidewalk Gap Program.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a release of lien on property at 541 S. Hanover St. for the Rental Rehabilitation Program.
* Appointed Eric Bohl to the Public Library Board.
* Approved and renewed multiple liquor licenses.
* Approved the improvement plans for the Serve Pro Sewer Extension on LaSalle Street.
* Renewed the approval of the preliminary plat of a replat of Victorian Estates.