- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
1957 Trinity Lutheran confirmands
Confirmed at Trinity Lutheran Church 50 years ago, 28 students and their spouses gathered recently for a celebration that included worship, fellowship and a presentation of memories by Esther Gray compiled in a DVD and memories booklet. Special guests included Gordon and Lida Mueller. Gordon Mueller taught seventh and eighth grades at the school when the students attended.
A cross to honor their 50th anniversary was presented for display at the new gymnasium at Trinity Lutheran School constructed in 2006. The cross, constructed by Larry Fluetgge, also a former Trinity Lutheran student, was made from poplar wood rafters preserved from Old Trinity Church when it was torn down 25 years ago. Pictured from left were Kay Seibel Scharenborg, Tom Miller, Joyce Fiehler Miller, Mary Blanchard Gerlach, Darrell Loos, Clara Hente Chesebro, Judy Bauer Brueckner, Esther Windisch Gray, Carolyn Barks Baron, Sandra Floyd Fluegge, Ken Enke, La Verne Davis McNeely, Judy Peetz, Gordon Mueller and Darlene Loos Cowan.