- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Royce A. Alms, 50, of Perryville died May 4, 2007, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born Jan. 28. 1957, at Chester Ill., son of Harold C. and Edith W. Alms.
Alms was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church where he served as a church elder, sang in the men's choir and participated in the Breakfast Bible Study Group. He was also an avid St. Louis Blues fan.
Survivors include one brother, the Rev. Dr. Maurice Alms of Livingston, Ill.; five sisters, Vivian Earlenbaugh of West Bloomfield, Mich., Loretta Schuette of Steeleville, Ill., Marilyn Sandman of Fort Wayne. Ind., Roberta Rutherford of Lyman, Neb., and Sandra Koenig of Perryville.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, Donald Alms, and a sister, Eunice Alms.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at Young and Sons Chapel; and from noon to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Steeleville.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Immanuel Lutheran Church. The Rev. Christopher Cole will officiate. Burial will be in St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery, with the Rev. Tim Ziechel officiating.