- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Royce A. Alms, 50, of Perryville died May 4, 2007, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born Jan. 28. 1957, at Chester Ill., son of Harold C. and Edith W. Alms.
Alms was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church where he served as a church elder, sang in the men's choir and participated in the Breakfast Bible Study Group. He was also an avid St. Louis Blues fan.
Survivors include one brother, the Rev. Dr. Maurice Alms of Livingston, Ill.; five sisters, Vivian Earlenbaugh of West Bloomfield, Mich., Loretta Schuette of Steeleville, Ill., Marilyn Sandman of Fort Wayne. Ind., Roberta Rutherford of Lyman, Neb., and Sandra Koenig of Perryville.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, Donald Alms, and a sister, Eunice Alms.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at Young and Sons Chapel; and from noon to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Steeleville.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Immanuel Lutheran Church. The Rev. Christopher Cole will officiate. Burial will be in St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery, with the Rev. Tim Ziechel officiating.