- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the move 5/7/07
ERA Cape Realty welcomes new associate
ERA Cape Realty recently announced the addition of new associate, Shelly Lane, to its team of real estate sales professionals serving consumers in the Cape Girardeau area. Lane has lived in the Jackson area for the past five years. As part of ERA Cape Realty, Lane will offer homebuyers and sellers a wide variety of products and services including online listings, home warranty plans and the ERA sellers security plan.
Cape physicians attend urology symposium
Two Cape Girardeau physicians were among more than 300 specialists from around the world to attend the second annual World Robotic Urology Symposium held recently at Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio. Dr. Gregg S. Hallman and Dr. J. Russell Felker, urologic surgeons with Cape Girardeau Urology Associates, in February 2006 introduced the region to robotic-assisted prostatectomy using the da Vinci Surgical System. Since then, more than 100 robotic-assisted prostatectomies have been performed at Southeast Missouri Hospital, exceeding initial expectations for use of the system. Speakers at the Columbus symposium included some of the world's leading experts in robotic-assisted surgery. Dr. Hallman has been a member of the medical staff at Southeast since 2001. Dr. Felker has been a member of the medical staff at Southeast since 1979. Both physicians hold certification through the American Board of Urology and are fellows of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Hallman and Dr. Felker also have been selected as proctors to assist other surgeons in learning robotic surgery.
Magna-Tel employees pass certification exam
Heather Holdman, Debbie McKee, Larry Popp and Beth Robinson of Magna-Tel Inc. in Cape Girardeau recently passed the certification examination administered by Promotional Products Association International to receive the Certified Advertising Specialist industry certification. Magna-Tel encourages its employees to obtain MAS/CAS certification through their Magna-Tel Training Academy, a permanent on-site training program for company employees that was developed in 2002. Thirty-eight percent of Magna-Tel full-time employees have earned their CAS or MAS certifications. MAS/CAS certification is the only recognized credential in the promotional products industry and signifies that an individual has reached and continues to meet a higher standard of professionalism, knowledge and experience within the industry.
District representative named agent of month
Jim Stafford of Cape Girar-deau, a district representative with Modern Woodmen of America, was agent of the month in the Allen Phillips' District for April. Stafford has been with Modern Woodmen's Phillips' District since May 2006.
-- From staff reports