- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
My Little Pony Live! opens tonight
My Little Pony Live! "The World's Biggest Tea Party" opens at 7 p.m. tonight at the Show Me Center. The show is a 90-minute interactive musical with audience participation using the My Little Pony characters. Show times are 7 p.m. tonight, 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday. For more information, call 651-5000 or visit www.showmecenter.biz.
Summer Sunday Series opens this week
The Rose Bed Inn will open its Summer Sunday Series, with music and other live entertainment every Sunday in the bed and breakfast's garden, from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday with featured performers Saxy Jazz, led by Pat Schwent. For more information, including future performers, call the inn at 332-7373.
Perryville Mayfest slated for May 11 and 12
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Perryville will hold its annual Mayfest celebration May 11 and 12 on the "square." Events include a parade, craft fair, quilt fair, talent contest, antique car and tractor shows and more. For more information, call (573) 547-6062.
Southeast Missouri Music debuts orchestra
The Southeast Missouri Music Academy's new Academy Youth Orchestra will perform its debut concert at 1 p.m. Sunday in the University Center Ballroom on the campus of Southeast Missouri State University. Admission is free and the event is open to the public. The orchestra is made up of the academy's school-age students, directed by teachers Laura Crump and Michelle Suhr. For more information, call the academy at 651-2378.
Art museum music series starts May 11
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Art Museum's weekly music series on the Sculpture Terrace, Fridays at Five, begins May 11 from 5 to 9 p.m., featuring Elliott Ranney. Reservations are required. For more information, call Puck's Restaurant at (314) 655-5490.
Open Window Studio announces workshops
Open Window Studio in Jackson is taking sign-ups for its summer children's art workshops that begin June 11 and continue through early August. Classes are for ages 3 through adult. For more information, call 243-1448.
Malden BBQ cook off May 11 and 12
MALDEN, Mo. -- Malden will present its third annual Malden in May Barbeque Cook Off on May 11 and 12 at the Malden Industrial Park. The cook off is sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society. Other Malden in May activities include an antique car and tractor show, a dog show and an arts and crafts fair. For more information, call the Malden Chamber of Commerce at (573) 276-1519.
Bachmann to perform tonight in St. Louis
ST. LOUIS -- Acclaimed violinist Maira Bachmann will perform at the St. Louis Art Museum tonight at 7 p.m. She and pianist Jon Klibonoff will perform John Corgliano's "Red Violin Chaconne," along with works by Copland, Enescu and Ravel and three pieces written for Bachmann by Paul Moravec. Tickets are $20. For more information, call (314) 655-5299 or visit www.slam.org.
-- From staff reports