- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Naomia Loucretia Smith, 100, of Portland, Texas, died Monday, April 30, 2007, at Christus Spohn Hospital in Corpus Christi, Texas.
She was born May 14, 1906, at Oran, Mo., daughter of James Henry and Dora Loucretia Lyon Davenport. She and the Rev. Liston Smith were married April 1, 1939. He died Jan. 4, 1984.
Formerly of Chaffee, she retired as an elementary teacher with Chaffee School District. She was a member of First Baptist Church and Order of Eastern Star 48, both in Chaffee.
Survivors include a daughter, Patricia Wehmeyer of Portland; and two grandsons.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 3:30 p.m. today. An Eastern Star service will be held at 6 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Baptist Church, with the Rev. Cliff Day officiating. Burial will be in Friend Cemetery at Oran.