- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Marjorie Janice Knowles, 75, of Union, Mo., died Sunday, April 29, 2007, at her home.
She was born July 10, 1931, in Evansville, Ind., daughter of John and Edna Angel Claspell. She and Orville Knowles were married Aug. 28, 1947, in Henderson, Ky. He died Oct. 22, 2000.
Knowles moved to Union in 1959 from Evansville.
Survivors include a son, David Knowles of Washington, Mo.; two daughters, Phyllis Schnell of Cape Girardeau, Donna Lawson of Marthasville, Mo.; three sisters, Betty Smith and Peggy Smithhart of Evansville, Nancy Boterman of Coon Rapids, Minn.; two brothers, Donald and Buddy Claspell of Evansville; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The funeral was Wednesday at Oltmann Funeral Home in Union, with the Rev. Tim Cole officiating. Burial was in Union Cemetery.