- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Ella Ruth Bennett, 99, of Advance died Tuesday, May 1, 2007, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 24, 1908, at Arab, Mo., daughter of William and Toney George Arnold. She first married Charlie Burchett, who preceded her in death. She and James Bennett were married Nov. 17, 1928, at Zalma, Mo. He died in December 1988.
Bennett was a member of the Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include a son, Roy Bennett of Versailles, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Pauline Stilts of St. Louis; 32 grandchildren; several great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, two daughters, four sisters and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Brad Moore will officiate, assisted by Bennett's grandsons. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park at Marble Hill, Mo.