- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Herbert "Bud" Brown, 79, of Murrieta, Calif., died Friday, April 6, 2007, at Loma Linda, Calif., VA Hospital.
He was born May 25, 1927, at Morehouse, Mo.
Brown was a resident of Murrieta 10 years, and was a member of Las Brisas Bible Fellowship Church.
He served in the U.S. Navy from 1944 to 1946.
Survivors include his wife, Edith Brown; two daughters, Lana Henson and Cynthia Jalajas of Lexington, S.C.; three brothers, Howard Brown of Cape Girardeau, Eugene Brown of Millersville, Kenneth Brown of St. Louis; two sisters, Charlene Holt of Sikeston, Mo., Ina Wyrick of Morehouse; three grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield.