- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Veda Delores Teets, 83, of Bloomfield died Wednesday, May 2, 2007, at Heartland Care and Rehab Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 10, 1924, at Essex, Mo., daughter of Cleveland and Edna Bledsoe DeJournett. She and D. Harding Teets were married Oct. 28, 1941, at Ardeola, Mo. He died June 16, 2003.
Teets was a member of Apostolic House of Prayer in Bell City, Mo.
Survivors include four sons, Eldon Teets of Mount Clemens, Mich., Dennis Teets of Puxico, Mo., Stanley Teets of Dexter, Mo., Randy Teets of Cape Girardeau; four daughters, Brenda Schatz, Zelma McTurnan and Gwen Shirrell, all of Advance, Mo.; a brother, Alvin DeJournett of Advance; a sister, Thelma Burchett of Warren, Mich.; 22 grandchildren; and 53 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and three brothers.
Visitation will be from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Sue Wilborn officiating. Burial will be in Gravel Hill Cemetery near Bell City.