- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
David and Judy Hutteger of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Amanda Hutteger, to Randol LeRoy Morris Jr. He is the son of Randol and Marlene Morris Sr. of Cape Girardeau.
Hutteger is a 2001 graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor's degree in human environmental studies from Southeast Missouri State University in 2006, and is pursuing a master's degree in human environmental studies at Southeast. She is employed at the University Child Enrichment Center.
Morris is a 2001 graduate of Central High School. He received an associate degree in fire science from Pikes Peak Community College in 2004, and is pursuing a bachelor's degree in fire science from Columbia Southern University. He is employed by Cape Girardeau Fire Department, and is a member of the U.S. Army Reserve.
A Sept. 29 wedding is planned at St. Mary's Cathedral.