- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Scott City industrial authority considers $3 million loan to wire company
Scott City's Industrial Development Authority will hold a public hearing regarding a proposal to loan $3 million to Mid-South Wire Company.
All interested persons may attend the hearing at 2 p.m. May 11 at the city hall on 618 Main St. in Scott City.
The proceeds of the bonds will be used to pay the costs of acquiring, renovating and equipping the near 100,000-square-foot facility at 503 Main St. in Scott City to be used for the manufacturing of drawing wire. Mid-South Wire Company is based in Nashville, Tenn.
Check back at www.semissourian.com for more details of read Friday's Southeast Missourian.