- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Toddler dies after being hit by car driven by his mom
KIRKWOOD, Mo. -- A 15-month-old St. Louis County boy died Wednesday when he was struck by his mother's car as it was backing out of the driveway, police said.
Names have not been released. An investigation continued but Kirkwood police doubted the woman would be charged.
"Everything on our end appears that this is a tragic accident," police spokesman Tom Ballman said.
The accident happened around 8:30 a.m. Ballman said the woman thought the child was with her husband and out of harm's way. Instead, the boy was behind her in the driveway as she backed out.