- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Shirley J. Fendelet, 71, of Advance died Tuesday, April 24, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, following an extended illness.
She was born Dec. 18, 1935, in Detroit, Mich., daughter of Wilson C. and Helen J. Winchester Boyd. She and Frank V. Fendelet were married Jan. 18, 1955, in Livonia, Mich.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Julie A. Aiau of Cypress, Calif., Melanie B. Ranger of Moorepark, Calif.; her mother, Helen Winchester of Marble Hill, Mo.; six grandchildren, Sara, Scott and Ryan Moore, Ashley, Michael and Megan Ranger; a sister, Bette Zyla of Dandridge, Tenn.; and a brother, William P. Boyd of Marble Hill.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Advance First Baptist Church, with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating. Burial will be in Dongola Cemetery at Dongola, Mo.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Dongola Cemetery Association, Route 2 Box 954, Marble Hill, Mo., 63764, or Lutheran Home Hospice Memorials, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.