- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Grant means new water system for 200 residents
Cape Girardeau County Public Water Supply District No. 5 won a $500,000 grant Tuesday to complete financing for a waterworks project that will replace the wells for about 200 residents near Egypt Mills and the Nell Holcomb School District.
The Community Development Block Grant award was announced by the Department of Economic Development. The grant is the last part of the financing needed for the $2.8 million project to proceed. The project includes 31.5 miles of distribution lines, drilling of a well and construction of a storage tank and treatment plant.
Construction of the water distribution system should begin later this year, water district officials have said.
Check back at www.semissourian.com or read Wednesday's Southeast Missourian for details.