- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Region briefs 4/24/07
Seniors' artwork shown at annual exhibition
The work of seven Southeast Missouri State University graduating seniors will be showcased starting Friday with the university's annual Department of Art Senior Exhibition. An opening reception will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at the Southeast Missouri Regional Museum in Memorial Hall on the university campus. The seven seniors will showcase work in the genres of painting, 3-D computer animation and graphic design, with many works available for purchase. For more information on the exhibition, call the museum at 651-2260. The exhibition will be on display through May 13.
Meeting to discuss health-care needs
Nearly 112,000 Missouri children, about one in eight, do not have health insurance. Cape Girardeau-area organizations are participating in this year's Cover the Uninsured Week with a town hall meeting from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Show-Me Center. Sponsored by Citizens for Missouri's Children, Scott County Health Department, Mission Missouri and others, the discussion will focus on the health of Missouri's children and how to best ensure all Cape Girardeau children and their families have access to the health care they need. Contact Becky Watt Knight at 202-745-5050 or email@example.com. for more information.
-- From staff reports