- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Virginia Lee Defferari, 62, of Houston, Texas, died Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2003, at her home.
She was born May 30, 1941, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Harry and Lorene Sandlin Rhyne.
Defferari was a member of St. Dominic Catholic Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Terri Loveless of Moscow Mills, Mo., Sandy Smith of Warrenton, Mo.; two sisters, Shirlene Voerg of Cape Girardeau, Donna Martinez of Houston, Texas; several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, and a sister.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at Howard-Glendale Funeral Home in Houston.