- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Velma Julia Bertha Davis, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2003, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
She was born Sept. 5, 1915, at Illmo, daughter of Louis and Anna Voss Sprenger. She and Earl H. Davis were married April 9, 1939, at Illmo. He died Nov. 3, 1997.
Davis was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid.
Survivors include a son, Ronald Davis of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Trinity Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Douglas Breite officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.